Mark English Architecture

Mark English Architecture

About This Blog

I've been involved in Architectural Design and Structural Engineering on a freelance basis since 1999. I've accumulated a vast amount of experience over the last 20 years working on projects for both domestic and commercial clients such as Fidus, Siemens, Laing O'Rourke, BMW Group and Northumbrian Water.

If you hace a particular query that is not yet addressed on this Blog then feel free to email me.

Follow me on Facebook, Twitter or go my Website.

Thanks for reading...

What is it? - Party Wall

Party Wall ActPosted by Mark English Architecture Thu, June 20, 2013 20:08:45
The Party Wall is normally a dividing wall or fence that is constructed on the boundary line generally between 2 properties. To work on the Party Wall for maintenance or say installing steelwork for a domestic loft conversion you WILL NEED to issue notice and gain approval from your neighbours prior to doing anything! Normally the notice period in 30 days.

A building owner proposing to start work covered by the Act must give adjoining owners notice of their intentions in the way set down in the Act. Adjoining owners can agree or disagree with what is proposed. Where they disagree, the Act provides a mechanism for resolving disputes.

The Party Wall Act is separate from obtaining planning permission or building regulations approval.

  • Comments(0)//